- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 or 4 little-finger-sized pieces queso fresco or Feta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 or 4 little-finger-sized pieces boiled ham
- 3 tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs
- A 1-pound whole fresh trout, cleaned, head and tail included
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup corn oil
1. Salt and pepper the inside of the trout. Add the pieces of cheese and ham, enough to fill the cavity. Press to close.
2. Dredge the trout in the flour, then dip it into the egg, coating it on all around. Roll in the bread crumbs.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet and fry the trout over moderate heat for about 4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
4. Serve warm, with crips French fries.