- 1 Beef heart or 500 grams / 2 lb of beef rump steak
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- ½ cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large chili peppers, finely chopped without seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
1. Firstly make sure the heart is clean of all veins and fat.
2. Cut the heart or rump steak in small 3 to 4cm (1 to 1½ in) cubes.
3. In a large bowl mix the vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, crushed garlic, chili pepper and ground cumin.
4. Add the heart cubes and let the heart marinate for several hours or overnight.
5. If you are using rump steak you do not need to marinate the meat for as long.
6. Remove the meat cubes, lightly salt them and put 3 pieces onto each metal skewer.
7. Cook over a hot grill for approximately 3 minutes per side, brushing them with the vinegar mix.
8. Serve immediately with steamed corn on the cob and boiled potatoes.