- 1 egg
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp key lime juice
- 10 black olives, pitted
- 2lbs 5 oz (1.2kg) octopus
- 1 tbs minced parsley
1. Boil octopus (completely covered with water) for about 45 minutes, until soft. Remove the skin with a knife, and refrigerate (the octopus is much easier to slice when cold).
2. Blend the egg, salt, lime juice (steel blade recommended). While blending, pour slowly and steadily the olive oil to obtain a thick mayonnaise. Set aside half of the mayonnaise, leaving the other half in the blender.
3. Add the olives and blend until you get a creamy pure. Mix it with the mayonnaise until getting a uniform mixture.
4. Lay the octopus slices on a plate (single layer) and cover with the olive sauce. Garnish with freshly minced parsley and a trickle of olive oil.