- 1 kilo (2 pounds) sweet potato
- 2 cups of evaporated milk
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 ½ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
1. In a pot, boil the sweet potatoes and while they are still hot, peel and mash them. You can also add evaporated milk to the mixture.
2. Then add the flour, stirring well so there won't be any lumps.
3. Pour this into a large bowl and mix in the sugar, eggs, 2 tablespoons of melted butter and the vanilla extract.
4. Butter the pie dish, add the mixture and bake on 180 C (350 F) until it has the consistency of a pie and starts to turn golden.
5. Remove from the oven and let it cool. Garnish with almonds and serve.