In the city of Huaraz, Typical folklore expressions include the Ancash Chuscada which is cheerful and danceable, and is a mix of Pasacalle, Marinera and Triste. Many dances express the Inca and Colonial life; others represent war and conquest.
The most popular are:
• Pallas and Negritos
Festivities in Huaraz:
• The Week of Mountaineering (May and June)
Competitions in several adventure tourism sports, cultural and social activities.
• Carnival in Callejón de Huaylas (February)
• May Festival or Feast of the Patron the Lord of La Soledad (May).
• The Virgen del Carmen Tourist Festivity, in Chavín de Huántar (July).
• The Virgen de las Mercedes Tourist Festivity (September).
• The Lord of Burgos Tourist Festivity (September).